Makes: 9-10 balls Prep and Cooking: 50-60 minutes
- 700g sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 80g chard
- 4 garlic cloves
From the cupboard:
- cooking oil
- 150 olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 50g walnuts
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 heaped tablespoons chickpea flour (or any other flour)
- 200g breadcrumbs
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potatoes and steam until tender.
- Mince the onions and chard stalks. Fry in a pan until golden. Just before removing from the stove, add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, paprika, cumin and salt. Stir into the veg.
- In a mixing bowl mash the sweet potatoes and add the onion and chard mixture. Mix in the egg and flour.
- Grease a baking tin and form the balls. Make sure your hands are clean and wet before making each ball. Bread the balls with breadcrumbs and place in the baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180℃) for 30 mins.
- Place the chopped chard leaves, walnuts, cheddar, olive oil and garlic in a food processor. Whizz until the mixture reaches a buttery texture.
Image and recipe design by Pavlina