Prep and Cooking: 30 mins
- 1 aubergine
- 200g flower sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic
From the cupboard:
- cooking oil
- salt to taste
- 30g feta cheese
- eggs (optional)
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise into 1 inch thick slices. Remove the skin if you don’t like it.
- Season with salt and leave aside for about 10 mins.
- In a frying pan fry the aubergine slices until golden brown and place on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- In the same pan toss the flower sprouts with garlic and salt until they soften to your preference.
- Using tongs place the flower sprouts on the top of the aubergine slice and crumble some feta cheese.
- Serve with bread.
An option with egg:
- Place the fried aubergine slices with the flower sprouts topping in a baking tray (don’t remove the excess oil).
- Crack an egg on the top of each slice and bake until the egg hardens.
Recipe design and image by Pavlina