Serves: 2 as main, 4 as side Prep and Cooking: 30 minutes
- 150g potatoes
- 300g parsnips
- 200g carrots
- 300g Brussels sprouts
- 1 leek
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- juice of ½ lemon
From the cupboard:
- cooking oil
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 40g raisins
- 30g walnuts
- Steam the Brussels sprouts for about 10 mins. Rinse with cold water to maintain their colour.
- Soak the raisins in water while cooking the rest of the veg. Roast and roughly chop the walnuts.
- Roughly chop the leek and thinly slice the carrots.
- Preheat a frying pan and fry the carrots first for about 2-3 mins, then add the leeks and Brussels sprouts at the end. Stir-fry for about 10 mins and then add the salt, paprika and thyme. Remove from the stove and mix with the raisins. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top.
- Peel the potatoes and parsnips. Chop them into large chunks and steam until tender.
- Blend or mash the veg with salt, olive oil and garlic.
Serve the stir-fry on a bed of mash and sprinkle with roasted walnuts.
Image and recipe design by Pavlina