Have you ever wanted to take on land and start your own Farm? We’ve teamed up with the Community Land Advisory Service (CLAS) to hold a workshop on the first step: Applying for a Tenancy.
This workshop is for anyone that wants to start a growing project and is designed to prepare you when tendering for a tenancy.
Surrey County Council are likely to be putting a number of small holdings out for tender this year on the land surrounding Sutton Community Farm – so this is particularly relevant for local groups that want to explore food growing in Sutton.
WHEN? 19 January 2014
HOW TO BOOK? Please book through our Eventbrite page.
HOW MUCH? This workshop is free.
- Midday: Tour of Sutton Community Farm
- 1pm – Vegetarian Sunday lunch and networking
- 2-4pm – Workshop
- What landlords are looking for in a tenant
- What you need to do prior to applying
- What needs to go in an application
- Things to look for at the viewing
- How to work out what rent should be tendered
- What happens in the selection/interview process
- What your tenancy means
- What happens when you are successful!
The Community Land Advisory Service
CLAS is an impartial, collaborative service aiming to increase community access to land across the UK. CLAS helps communities and land managers gain satisfactory agreements on access to land by providing guidance on technical lease agreements and related issues. CLAS has been developed to help combat the lack of available land for community gardening and associated green space activities.